Today is the 72nd year of independence for India. And I’m so glad I’m here for it. It’s a public holiday. Which differs slightly to an English one. Roads have been cordoned off in parts since the weekend. They are super security conscious here so it’s all about checks and more checks. Then all the roundabouts are prettied up with colourful fountains and flowers speaking out a analog Independence Day. It’s also a “dry “ day, no alcohol is served or sold. And the shops don’t open at all. Except the great big malls but they only open at 2pm.
All hotel guests were invited to a flag raising ceremony, so of course I went. We were given balloons in the Indians colours and served tea and snacks. It was lovely. So honoured to have been invited and made to feel so welcome. As the flag went up (after some marching), flower petals came down. Beautiful. And then many many photos were taken. Had I known, I would have made more of an effort appearance wise.
I’ve been here 12 days, it’s going fast.
Last weekend we went to a toilet museum. Ranked 3rd in the world for unusual museums. And unusual it was. I learnt stuff, so it did it’s museumy job.
I can’t say enough times, how much I’m loving the heat. The mosquitoes have left me alone for two days since I got stronger anti repellent. Guess they must be starving by now. 😬
India is growing on me. I still miss my people and do wish they were here to experience this. Thank goodness for FaceTime else I think I could be more homesick.
Back to the poolside for me....
Hopefully I’ll learn how to add photos on here.
All hotel guests were invited to a flag raising ceremony, so of course I went. We were given balloons in the Indians colours and served tea and snacks. It was lovely. So honoured to have been invited and made to feel so welcome. As the flag went up (after some marching), flower petals came down. Beautiful. And then many many photos were taken. Had I known, I would have made more of an effort appearance wise.
I’ve been here 12 days, it’s going fast.
Last weekend we went to a toilet museum. Ranked 3rd in the world for unusual museums. And unusual it was. I learnt stuff, so it did it’s museumy job.
I can’t say enough times, how much I’m loving the heat. The mosquitoes have left me alone for two days since I got stronger anti repellent. Guess they must be starving by now. 😬
India is growing on me. I still miss my people and do wish they were here to experience this. Thank goodness for FaceTime else I think I could be more homesick.
Back to the poolside for me....
Hopefully I’ll learn how to add photos on here.
I name for your blog. Deli ago-go. Tony
ReplyDeleteBrilliant! I shall attempt to change it
Delete